We strive to be the best treatment resource for our veterans and first responders, but we can’t do it alone. These confidential helplines can assist in helping you work through time-sensitive behavioral health struggles.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
The Lifeline provides 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for you or your loved ones, and best practices for professionals.
Crisis Text Line
Text BADGE to 741741
Every texter is connected with a Crisis Counselor, a real-life human being trained to bring texters from a hot moment to cool and calm through active listening and collaborative problem solving.
Serve & Protect
Serve & Protect helps connect public safety professionals with trauma services.
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
Find out what benefits you may be eligible for during service and which time-sensitive benefits to consider when separating or retiring. You can also apply for VA health care, find out how to access services, and manage your health and benefits.
Veterans Crisis Line
1-800-273-8255 and press 1
Connect with the Veterans Crisis Line to reach caring, qualified responders with the Department of Veterans Affairs. Many of them are Veterans themselves.
- Law Enforcement Today: https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/
- BeSure Consulting: https://www.besureconsulting.com/
- Veterans 4 Life USA: https://www.facebook.com/Veterans4lifeusa/
- T-6 Advanced Training and Career Development: https://off-shift.com/
- FOP Illinois: http://www.ilfop.org/
- Captain James A. Lovell Federal Health Care Center: https://www.lovell.fhcc.va.gov/
- Irish Angel: http://irishangel.info/index1.html